Before traveling to the country, all foreign citizens should first check if they require a visa for Myanmar. A number of nationalities are now able to apply for a Myanmar eVisa for purposes of either business or tourism through a simple online application, eliminating the need to apply from an embassy or consulate or queue at the border for a Burma visa on arrival.
In order to apply for an eVisa, it is necessary to meet specific photo ID requirements before applicants can submit the online form. Applicants must carefully follow the Myanmar photo visa requirements to ensure that the photograph provided is accepted and the eVisa can be approved.
Read on to learn about acceptable Myanmar visa application photo size and other Myanmar visa photo requirements the applicant should meet.
What Size of Photo Do I Need for a Myanmar Visa?
One of the key requirements to submit a Myanmar eVisa application is providing a digital photograph of the applicant which meets the Myanmar visa photo size requirements.
The applicant may either take the photo directly using a digital camera, or digitize a paper photograph with a scanner to upload to the application. Applicants are able to take the photograph themselves, but, if unsure of the correct dimensions, may prefer to have the photograph taken at a professional studio.
The digital photograph must be in either JPEG, PNG, BMP format, and have a resolution of at least 300 dpi, and fize size of under 1MB.
The photograph should meet the following size requirements:
- Minimum acceptable dimensions of 600 pixels (height) and 400 pixels (width)
- Maximum acceptable dimensions are 1200 pixels (height) and 800 pixels (width)
- The eVisa photo should measure 46-48mm (height) by 38mm (width)
- The applicant’s head should be positioned with between 3mm-4mm of space from the top of the photograph
- The head of the applicant should take up between 33-34mm of the length of the photograph.
Other Myanmar Visa Photo Requirements
Other than meeting the necessary photo size specifications, there are some other Myanmar photo visa requirements the applicant will need to meet to submit the eVisa form, including:
- The photograph must contain a front view of the applicant’s full face
- The applicant must have their eyes open and mouth closed in natural expression
- The entire head from the top of the hair to the shoulders must be visible
- The applicant should not be wearing any headgear such as a hat or sunglasses
- Headgear worn for religious reason is permitted, but the eyes, noe, and mouth must all be visible
- The photo must be taken against a plain white or off-white background
- There shouldn’t be any shadows present on the face or on the background
- The photograph should not contain any filters, effects, or other alterations
- The photo should be recent, taken within the previous 3 months
- The contrast and lighting in the photo should be normal.
The photograph may be provided in either color or in black and white, although any black and white photos provided must be clear and good quality.
It is necessary to submit a separate photograph which meets the above requirements for each individual applicant for an eVisa for Myanmar. The above photograph requirements apply to both the tourist eVisa for Myanmar and the online business visa for Myanmarr.
Other Requirements to Submit a Myanmar eVisa Application
Once the applicant has obtained an acceptable Myanmar eVisa photo, they should ensure the meet the other necessary requirements for a Myanmar visa in order to submit the online form and finalize the application.
It is necessary to have:
- A passport valid for at least 6 months from the intended date of entry to Myanmar
- A digital copy of the information page of the same passport
- A debit or credit card to pay the eVisa for Myanmar fee
- A current email address to which the approved Myanmar online visa will be sent.
Applicants are also required to fill the eVisa form with basic personal, passport, and travel information, including:
- Name and surname
- Date and place of birth
- Current address
- Contact telephone number
- Passport number
- Passport issue/expiry date
It is also necessary to answer a few questions related to health and security matters before the application can be submitted.
The supporting documentation, including the Myanmar eVisa photo, can either be uploaded at the time of submitting the form, or at a later date.
The majority of eVisa applications for Myanmar are processed within 3 working days, once all of the supporting documents have been uploaded.