*Since 24 March 2020, all visa issues have been suspended. COVID-19 travel restrictions for Myanmar are maintained until 31 July 2020.
Myanmar (previously known as Burma) introduced their eVisa system in September 2014 to facilitate the visa application process for foreign visitors. Applying for this new electronic travel authorization for Myanmar is quick and simple.
How Do You Apply for a Myanmar (Burma) eVisa?
Travelers can apply for the Myanmar visa online in just a few minutes by following these simple steps:
- Fill in the Myanmar Visa Application Form
- Review and confirm payment of visa feed
- Receive approved eVisa for Myanmar
Documents Required to Apply for a Myanmar Tourist Visa
A passport from an eVisa eligible country plus a passport-style photograph which meets all the Myanmar visa photo requirements are required in order to complete the Burmese eVisa application.
The following passport details must be provided:
- Passport type and citizenship/nationality
- Passport details: number, place of issue, date of issue and expiry date
- Date of Birth as it appears on your passport
- Country of birth
- Full name as it appears on your passport
Other details to be filled out on the application form include:
- Email address
- Port of entry
- Intended arrival date
Documents Required to Apply for a Myanmar Business eVisa
In addition to the information and documents listed above, travelers applying for a business visa for Myanmar are required to provide the following:
- Local inviting company information including company name, and contact number (NGO/INGO not eligible)
- Local Inviting company registration certificate
- Invitation letter addressed to the applicant by name and briefly explaining the purpose of the visit and the time frame
Once the application has been completed, the applicant needs to pay for the visa fee with a debit or credit card. The e-Visa system will process the application, which can take up to 3 business days.
On approval, the electronic visa will be sent to the email address provided during the application process, to be printed and presented at the port of entry in Myanmar.
Myanmar eVisa Application Status
When an applicant has submitted an application form for the Myanmar eVisa, the system can take up to 3 business days to process it. Each applicant will receive a notification of the status of their application on the email address provided on the form. It is essential that the travelers provide a valid email address.
All important communication regarding the status of the visa application will be sent to that email address. Travelers are recommended to check their spam inbox in case they haven’t received their visa. In rare cases, it is possible that the application takes longer to process.
Countries that can Apply for Myanmar eVisa
Nationals of over 100 countries can apply for Burmese eVisa for tourism and business purposes through an online form.
Below is a complete list of countries that are eligible to apply online for Myanmar’s visa:
- United States
- United Kingdom
- South Korea
- Bosnia & Herzegovina
- Brunei Darussalam
- Costa Rica
- Cote D’Ivoire
- Czech Republic
- Hong Kong
- North Korea
- New Zealand
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Sri Lanka
Advantages to Applying for Your Myanmar eVisa Now
The Myanmar eVisa was introduced to simplify the process of obtaining a visa for Myanmar. The online application eliminates the need for applicants to physically go to an embassy or consulate.
The application can be completed from anywhere, at any time, in a matter of minutes. This is particularly practical for applicants who do not live close to a diplomatic office of Myanmar.
The application form is very straightforward to complete. Applicants just need to answer a series of basic questions, entering information such as their name, address, date of , birth, nationality, passport details, and travel plans.
Applications are processed very quickly, normally within 3 working days after submission. Approved eVisas are sent to travelers by email, to the email address provided on the application form. To enter Myanmar with the eVisa, travelers just need to present the eVisa, along with their passport, at the border.
Here are some more benefits of applying for a Myanmar Visa online:
- Online visa application available 24/7, 365 days a year.
- Simplified application form which includes clear instructions and tooltips.
- Expert review of application before submission to government.
- Correction of missing or incorrect information by visa experts, including check of passport data using API technology.
- Full refund if your application is not approved (more than 99% are approved).
- Secure application platform and privacy protection.
- 24/7 email support and assistance in a range of languages including: English, Simplified Chinese, Traditional Chinese, French, Italian, German, Spanish, Portuguese, Russian, Japanese, Korean, and Arabic.
- Multiple Methods of Payment accepted including: Visa, Mastercard, Amex, JCB, Maestro, Discover, Diners Club, Alipay, and Unionpay.
The Myanmar online visa is available to citizens of over 100 countries who meet the visa requirements. Applicants must have a valid passport, issued by one of the eligible countries, with at least 6 months remaining from the expected date of arrival.
Before traveling to Myanmar it is essential to check the entry requirements according to your citizenship. Citizens of 100 countries can apply for the Myanmar visa online and will simply need a valid passport to do so.
Travelers who wish to visit Myanmar are able to complete an online application form to obtain their visa. Rather than going to an embassy or consulate, the applicant needs to have access to a reliable Internet connection and a device such as a smartphone, tablet, laptop or desktop.
To successfully apply for a Myanmar eVisa, each applicant needs to provide the required documentation. In addition to completing the Myanmar visa application, it is necessary to submit a scanned color copy of the biographical page of the applicant’s passport and a recently taken passport-style color photo. It is possible to submit these documents at a later date than the initial application.
To complete the online Myanmar Visa application form it is necessary to answer some security and health-related questions. All the information is screened using security databases when the application is processed.
Yes, the Myanmar eVisa application can be completed using a mobile or any other device such as tablet. Completing the application form using a mobile is very convenient as the form automatically adjusts to fit the size of any screen. This means you can complete the form without needing to scroll horizontally.