The Myanmar Tourist Visa Requirements are necessary to obtain the eVisa to visit Myanmar, previously known as Burma.
Myanmar (Burma) eVisa Requirements
The Government of Myanmar (formerly known as Burma) has introduced an electronic visa to travel to the country. Citizens of 100 countries can get their Burma eVisa in a few simple steps. However, it is important that each applicant meets the Myanmar eVisa Requirements. Applicants should also note that there is a Burma business electronic visa available, besides the tourist eVisa for Myanmar.
The following are the essential Myanmar Visa Requirements:
- The traveler must be a citizen of one of the eligible countries
- The traveler must have a passport, with a minimum validity of six months from the expected date of arrival
- The traveler needs a valid email address to receive their approved eVisa or other relevant notifications
- The traveler must use a debit or credit card to pay for the eVisa fee
Once the applicant has met all the requirements listed above, they can complete the Myanmar eVisa application. Each applicant will need to provide their personal information as well as their passport data.
Myanmar eVisa Additional Evidence Requirements
To successfully obtain the Myanmar eVisa, each applicant will also need to meet the Myanmar eVisa evidence requirements, which are:
- A scanned color copy of the biographical page of the current passport (the one being used on the application)
- A recent passport-style color photo
The evidence requirements can be submitted at a later date and do not need to be provided at the time of the application.
Myanmar eVisa Photo Requirements
Myanmar has established eVisa photo requirements for the recent passport-style photo. The photo must meet the following guidelines:
- The dimensions of the photo should be 4.8cm x 3.8cm
- The head should cover about 70% of the photograph and be centered
- All hats or headgear should be removed for the photograph unless worn daily for religious reasons. In these cases, eyes, nose and mouth must be visible in the photo
- Full, clear, front view of the applicant’s face
- The photo must have a white background
- The photo should not be altered in anyway, meaning no filters or effects
- The photograph should be recent, no more than 3 months old
- A scanned or colour photocopy of the passport photo will not be accepted
Personal Information Requirements
The Myanmar eVisa requirements involve that each applicant provides personal information in order to get the visa. The questions on the application form concern basic data such as:
- Full name
- Country and date of birth
- Country of citizenship
- Contact number
Additionally, the applicant must carefully introduce their passport data:
- Passport number
- Passport issuing date
- Passport expiration date
Furthermore, the applicant will need to answer a series of security questions at the end of the application form. Applying for the eVisa for Myanmar is a simple and straightforward process that takes a few minutes to complete. As long as the applicant meets the established Myanmar eVisa requirements, they should receive an approved eVisa after three business days.
Specific Requirements for the Business eVisa
As mentioned before, there is a separate type of online visa for those travelers who intend to visit Myanmar for business purposes.
The application for the Myanmar business eVisa is fairly similar to that for the tourist eVisa. Applicants will have to fill out the online form as accurately as possible and provide a copy of their passport, recent photographs, and pay an application fee.
However, there are additional supporting documents required for business eVisa applications, including:
- A letter of invitation from a relevant registered company
- The registration number of the inviting company.
Myanmar eVisa Requirements by Country
The eVisa for Myanmar is available for citizens of over 100 countries and can be quickly obtained through an online application.
- United States
- United Kingdom
- Korea South
- Bosnia & Herzegovina
- Brunei Darussalam
- Costa Rica
- Cote D’Ivoire
- Czech Republic
- Hong Kong
- North Korea
- New Zealand
- Saudi Arabia
- South Africa
- Sri Lanka