Myanmar Visa for Chinese Citizens
All foreign nationals wishing to enter Myanmar must be in possession of a valid visa. From September 1st, 2014, holders of a valid Chinese passport are entitled to apply for a Myanmar visa from China, known as a Myanmar eVisa. Obtaining a visa for Myanmar from China or for Chinese passport holders is as simple as completing and submitting an online form. The eVisa is a Myanmar electronic visa that replaces a traditional paper visa.
How to Apply for a Myanmar Visa in China
To apply for a Myanmar visa as a Chinese citizen, the following is necessary:
- Valid Chinese passport (passport must remain valid for at least 6 months following traveler’s date of arrival in Myanmar)
- A recent passport-size headshot photograph
- A valid debit/credit card
To obtain the Myanmar visa from China, applicants must fill out an online application form and provide the following information:
- Name, date of birth, country of birth, citizenship, and gender
- Passport number, issuing and expiry dates
- Phone number, email address (email address must be valid)
- Visa type (tourist or business) with the intended date of entry into Myanmar
Chinese Citizens applying for a visa for Myanmar need to confirm their information and pay a processing fee. Once the payment has been successfully processed, the visa will be delivered electronically.
Once submitted, an eVisa from China applications can be checked online. The tourist visa for Myanmar may take up to 72 hours to be processed.
Myanmar Tourist Visa for Chinese Citizens and Myanmar Business Visa
There are two types of visas for Chinese Passport Holders
- The Myanmar tourist visa allows eligible travelers to visit Myanmar for up to 28 days. This visa may not be extended from within Myanmar
- The Myanmar business visa allows eligible travelers to visit Myanmar for up to 70 days. This visa may be extended from within Myanmar. Chinese citizens applying for a Myanmar visa for business purposes will need to provide a Letter of Invitation from Inviting Company and an Inviting Company Registration letter along with their visa for Myanmar for Chinese passport holders when they enter to the country.
Further Information about Myanmar Visa for Chinese Passport
Further information about the Myanmar Visa includes:
- The Myanmar visa for Chinese citizen is valid for 90 days from date of issue
- The Myanmar tourist visa for Chinese allows travelers to enter Myanmar through one of 8 international land and seaports (travelers are free to exit through any port or crossing in Myanmar)
- Holders of a Myanmar tourist visa or Myanmar business visa must print out a copy of their eVisa Approval Letter, present it to Burmese authorities upon entry into Myanmar, and keep it with them at all times during their visit
In addition, all Chinese citizens traveling to Myanmar with the Myanmar eVisa must have the following items with them:
- Confirmation of reservations in registered hotels, guest houses, inns, resorts, etc. in Myanmar
- Proof of sufficient funds for their stay in Myanmar
- Proof of arrangements for an onward or return journey following their stay in Myanmar
Travelers should be aware that the Myanmar eVisa for Chinese passport is a single-entry visa, meaning that the holder may use it to enter Myanmar only once. If a Chinese citizen wishes to leave and re-enter Myanmar later, they must apply for a new Myanmar visa. If an eVisa has expired and the holder still wishes to travel to Myanmar, they must apply for a new Myanmar visa from China, even if the old visa was never used.
Please note that all children over 7 years old or who already have their own passport must apply for their own visa, even if they are traveling with a parent, relative, or other guardians. Chinese children under 7 years old may travel to Myanmar without their own Visa if they meet the following conditions:
- They are traveling with a parent, guardian, etc.
- They are included in the passport of the parent/guardian
- Their details are included in the Myanmar visa of the parent/guardian
Myanmar Visa on Arrival for Chinese
It is possible to get a Myanmar visa on arrival for Chinese citizens in place of an eVisa if the traveler enters Myanmar through an international airport. Like the online Myanmar visa or eVisa for Chinese citizens, there is a fee for the Myanmar visa on arrival for Chinese.