Myanmar Visa for Malaysian Citizens
For Malaysians visiting Myanmar, it is essential to hold a valid visa for Myanmar for Malaysian citizens. On September 1st, 2014, it became possible for Malaysian passport holders to obtain a Myanmar eVisa online. This type of visa is called a Myanmar eVisa or eVisa Approval Letter and can be used instead of a traditional visa obtained at a physical embassy.
Visa Requirements for Myanmar for Malaysian Citizens
In order to meet the visa requirements for Myanmar for Malaysian citizens, applicants must have the following in their possession:
- A Malaysian passport which is currently valid, and which will remain valid for at least 6 months after the date upon which the traveler intends to arrive in Myanmar
- A headshot photograph, taken no more than three months ago, which meets passport sizing and quality standards
- A functioning debit or credit card
How to Apply for a Myanmar Visa in Malaysia
Malaysian nationals who meet the requirements for the Myanmar visa Malaysia may apply for their visa for Burma conveniently and efficiently by filling out and submitting an online form. This form requires the applicant to submit the following information:
- Name, date, and location of birth, nationality/citizenship, gender
- Passport number, issue date, and expiry date
- Current, functioning phone number and email address
- Desired visa type and estimated arrival date to Myanmar
When applying, applicants should be aware that there are two categories of visa for Myanmar for Malaysian citizens available to them:
- Tourist visa for Burma. This visa grants the holder the right to stay in Myanmar for up to 28 days.
- Business visa. This visa allows the holder to stay on Burmese territory for up to 70 days.
Once the application form has been filled in, the last step is to confirm the information given, submit the application, and pay a processing fee. After payment of the fee, the eVisa will be delivered electronically. Delivery may take as long as 72 hours, but applications can be checked online at any time after submission.
Those applying for the visa for Burma for Malaysian passport should know that in addition to submitting their online application form, the following documentation must be submitted in person upon their arrival into Myanmar:
- A printed copy of their eVisa, which travelers should keep on them at all times while in Myanmar
- Evidence of reservations in any of the numerous types of registered accommodation in Myanmar, e.g. hotel bookings, resort package receipts, guest house reservations, etc.
- Proof of plans for a return or onward journey following their trip to Myanmar, e.g. plane, train, or bus tickets
Travelers applying for a business visa for Myanmar for Malaysian citizens will also need to produce the following documents:
- A letter of Invitation issued by their Inviting Company
- A copy of their Inviting Company’s registration document
Additional Details for Myanmar Visa Malaysian Passport
Malaysian nationals applying for the visa for Burma may also wish to know the following information:
- The Myanmar visa Malaysia is categorized as a single-entry visa. This means that Malaysian citizens may enter into Burmese territory only once on each eVisa. Travelers who wish to make multiple entries into Myanmar will need to apply for a new visa for each entry.
- After issuance, the eVisa for Myanmar may be used at any time within a 90-day period. The business visa for Malaysian citizens may be extended from within Myanmar, but the tourist visa may not. If a eVisa expires without being used, it is invalid and a new application must be made if the foreigner still wishes to travel.
Any child over 7 years old or who has their own passport is required to apply for a visa for Myanmar on their own, even if they travel with a parent or guardian. Children under 7 years old may travel on their parent or guardian’s eVisa, provided their details are included on both the guardian’s passport and visa.
Myanmar Visa on Arrival for Malaysians
It is not currently possible to obtain a Myanmar visa on arrival for Malaysians. Travelers from Malaysia may obtain their visa for Myanmar for Malaysian citizens either online or in a traditional embassy.