Myanmar eVisa for Peruvian Nationals
In 2011, Myanmar opened its borders to 100 countries. Later on, with the implementation of the Myanmar or Burma electronic visa, Peruvian nationals were selected as eligible to apply online and travel to Myanmar for tourism or business purposes.
The Myanmar online application only takes 10 to 20 minutes to complete and was created to save time and numerous trips to consulates and embassies. This new travel authorization system was also implemented to avoid long queues at Myanma airports and land border checkpoints.
Its connecting borders with Thailand and India make it easier for Peruvian eVisa holders that are visiting neighboring countries to enter through land border checkpoints.
Myanmar eVisa: How to Apply as a Peruvian
Peruvian citizens can easily begin the application process for a Myanmar electronic visa by accessing the eVisa to Myanmar application form through a working internet connection on a computer or mobile device.
Before applying to the Myanmar eVisa, citizens of Peru first need to have a purpose for their trip, which may be tourism purposes or business. In each case the application, documents, and conditions needed will vary.
Types of Myanmar eVisas available for Peru
There are two types of Myanmar eVisas available:
Tourist Myanmar visa: this type of visa is destined for short-visit stays with tourism and leisure purposes. It is a single-entry visa, which means the visitor from Peru can enter the territory once, and to re-enter they must start a new application once outside the country.
Business Myanmar eVisa: this visa will allow those Peruvians who wish to visit Myanmar for business purposes only giving them a 70-day period of stay. Like the tourist visa, this is a single-entry permit.
Besides these two eVisa options, there are visa extensions to stay longer in Burma available for those Peruvian travelers who wish to visit the country for an extended period than the one established on their current visa. However, to successfully complete this visa extension, they will need a relevant ministry recommendation letter to be approved first.
Myanmar eVisa: processing times for Peruvian applicants
The processing time for any of the Myanmar electronic visas applied for as Peruvian can take up to 1 to 3 business days to be granted and it will be sent to the e-mail address given by the applicant on the form.
After approval of the eVisa, the Peruvian visitor has a period of 90 days to enter Myanmar. If the time expires, they will need to start a new application process.
Documents Needed by Peruvian Nationals to Apply for a Burma eVisa
Peruvian nationals need to meet an important set of Burma visa requirements before applying for a Myanmar eVisa, as well as answer personal questions and submit a list of documents.
Conditions before applying:
- Hold a valid Peruvian passport with a six-month validity before traveling to Myanmar
- Be 18 years of age or older to apply. Minors under seven years of age can enter with their parent or legal guardian’s visa; while children older than 7 years old must have a filled out application by a parent or legal guardian
- Possession of a debit or credit card for the fees applied
- The applicant of Peru must have an active e-mail address to receive his or her eVisa
- Full name
- Date of birth
- City and country of birth
- Passport details: number, issued, and expiry date
All the information given on the application form should match that of the passport.
Note that the application form includes a set of health- and criminal record-related questions that should be answered correctly in order for the eVisa to be processed correctly.
Other documents needed:
Peruvian citizens applying for a Myanmar eVisa will also need to have other important documents when completing the application form:
- A digital copy of the information section/page of the passport used
- A passport-type photo that should have the following characteristics:
- White-colored background
- The head and shoulders of the applicant should be in the center and front faced, it should also take 70% of the total space in the photograph
- Size: 4.8mm x 3.8mm
- Headgear, hats, and sunglasses will make the photograph invalid
Myanmar’s Ports of Entry Available for Peruvians
When planning to visit Myanmar or Burma, visitors of Peru should be familiar with all eight of the crossborder air and land checkpoints that allow entrance to Myanmar with a tourist or business visa:
- Rihkhawdar Land Border Checkpoint
- Tamu Land Border Checkpoint
- Yangon International Airport
- Mandalay International Airport
- Nay Pyi Taw International Airport
- Kawthaung Land Border Checkpoint
- Myawaddy Land Border Checkpoint
- Tachileik Land Border Checkpoint
Land borders with Bangladesh, Laos, and China do not permit the entry of visitors to Myanmar. Sea entries are also not yet permitted.
The tropical country of Burma has a vast 676.575 squared km all around filled with great cities to visit like Mandalay that is home to the Mahamuni Temple and the Mandalay Palace. Its great forests and its long shores attract Peruvian tourists to Myanmar all year round.