Myanmar eVisa Requirements for Swedish Citizens
Some key entry requirements must be met by Swedish travelers in order to obtain the eVisa to Myanmar.
Types of Myanmar eVisas Available for Swedish Nationals
Swedes traveling to Burma have two Myanmar visa types available: the Myanmar tourist eVisa and the Myanmar business visa.
The most common reason to travel to Myanmar from Sweden is for leisure and tourism. To cover this need, the Burmese government offers the Myanmar tourist eVisa, which grants authorization to stay up to 28 days.
Additionally, Swedish professionals visiting the country for business purposes can apply for the Myanmar business visa, which allows Swedish passport holders to stay for up to 70 days in Burma.
Myanmar eVisa Requirements for Swedish Travelers
Swedes traveling to Burma will have to meet the following Myanmar online visa requirements:
- A valid Swedish passport, which must be valid for 6 months or more from the expected date of arrival
- A scanned copy/image of the biographical page of the current passport. All the information in the passport must be clearly visible
- A digital photo of the Swedish applicant. Accepted formats are JPEG, PNG, or BMP, while the picture’s size must be under 1MB. Further details for the photo ID requirements for a Myanmar eVisa should be followed
- A working email address: All communications regarding the application process will be online and via the active, accessible email provided upon registration
- A valid debit or credit card: Payments can only be done electronically. Applicants in Sweden must ensure before beginning their application that their cards are activated for online transactions.
It is important to note that all the general conditions to apply for a Myanmar eVisa must also be met. On the other hand, the information provided by Swedish applicants must be fully accurate and in the same way as it appears on the traveler’s passport. Any misinformation or typo could result in an unforeseen delay or denial of the application.
The eVisa to Burma is issued for applicants from Sweden within 3 business days. Travelers from Sweden are, however, advised to submit their application at least 1 week before departure to avoid any unexpected inconveniences.
Upon receipt of confirmation of their eVisa for Myanmar, Swedes must print out a copy and have it on their person to display at passport control once they arrive in the country.
Once Swedish nationals have verified they meet these requirements, they can proceed to submit their personal and passport details explained below.
Personal and passport details required for Swedes traveling to Burma
The Myanmar eVisa application form is available online and can be filled in just a few minutes from anywhere in the world.
As part of the Myanmar eVisa requirements, applicants from Sweden must provide the below passport information:
- Passport country
- Passport number
- Passport issue date
- Passport expiry date
- Full name
- Date of birth
- Country of birth
- Nationality (as per passport)
- Registered accommodation details
- Port of arrival
- Expected date of arrival and departure
Myanmar Business eVisa prerequisites for Swedish passport holders
A Myanmar electronic business visa is similar to a tourist visa with the additional requirements that Swedish professionals must include the following:
- A Myanmar business visa invitation letter from the associated local business
- Burma’s Company Registration Certificate
Swedish applicants must provide this information accurately and timely to guarantee swift approval from the Burmese authorities.
Visa on Arrival to Myanmar for Citizens of Sweden
Swedish passport holders are unfortunately not eligible for a Myanmar on arrival visa.
Applicants of Swedish nationality are to travel with their visa previously approved with its confirmation printed and available to display at border controls once they enter the country as mentioned above.
Swedes should also bear in mind to use the same passport at border controls as the one they used for the application process. If Swedish travelers misplace or lose their passports during their trip to Myanmar or after applying for the eVisa, then they will need to obtain a new online travel permit.
Available Ports of Entry in Burma for Travelers from Sweden
Swedes traveling to Burma should enter the country via its authorized Myanmar border crossings.
Swedish citizens flying to Burma should do so through one of its international airports:
- Yangon International Airport
- Mandalay International Airport
- Nay Pyi Taw International Airport